.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Veritatis Splendor

"Keep your eyes fixed upon Jesus, who inspires and perfects our faith" --Hebrews 12:2


Pope Benedict XVI before our Lord

And only where God is seen does life truly begin. Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution.
Each of us is the result of a thought of God.
Each of us is willed,
each of us is loved,
each of us is necessary.
There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him.
~Pope Benedict XVI, Homily April 24th, 2005



Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Ratzinger -- our new German Shepherd!

WHOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I had my wireless internet laptop in my Philosophy class this morning, and had the EWTN webcam on -- when the confirmation of the white smoke came, I threw up my hands and exclaimed Habemus Papam!!! We have a Pope!! Everyone froze, it took a moment to sink in, and then half the class (mostely seminarians :) cheered and leapt up to go find a TV, thankfully our prof is also a strong Catholic and she just called out, Break! and everyone went to go find a TV set... well, we never did go back to class :)

I ran all the way to Catholic Studies' department house from way across campus, all the way going to myself, Ratzinger or Arinze, Ratzinger or Arinze... The vote happened so fast, I KNEW it had to be one of the frontrunners! I screeched into Catholic Studies, pounded up the stairs, and practically ran into a KSTP newsperson blocking the hallway, they were filming the group of students gathered around the little TV set in the front office... Out of breath I asked the lady, "who??", she said "Ratzinger" and I threw up my hands and screamed WHOO-YES VIVA PAPA! and blew by her to sit with the rest of the group, just in time to hear the Urbi et Orbi and get the plenary indulgence and ABSOLUTION!! Whoo-hoo! Then KSTP interviewed a bunch of us (look for us on the 5pm or 6pm news :) and as we were "winding down" (not really... more like dispersing to bring giddiness to all other corners of campus) we looked out the front window and saw.... A guy in T-shirt and shorts running wildly down Summit Ave carrying a huge flagpole with Vatican flag streaming behind him!! :) Sweet!

Viva il Papa, God bless Pope Benedict XVI, who once was known as God's Rottweiler, and is now our German Shepherd!!

I am GIDDY! God is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fra Angelico's Annunciation