.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Veritatis Splendor

"Keep your eyes fixed upon Jesus, who inspires and perfects our faith" --Hebrews 12:2


Pope Benedict XVI before our Lord

And only where God is seen does life truly begin. Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution.
Each of us is the result of a thought of God.
Each of us is willed,
each of us is loved,
each of us is necessary.
There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him.
~Pope Benedict XVI, Homily April 24th, 2005



Tuesday, October 31, 2006

You know it's my desk when...

This blog post has absolutely nothing of interest to you in it, but it makes for a good work diversion for me - I was just sitting at my desk here, and started chuckling to myself (good thing I have my own office!) as I gazed across the piles of strewn books and papers that are now hiding the top of my desk, I thought of how clearly this is now, after only a couple months or so, clearly my office.

Just for kicks, let me take you on a tour. On my small desk right now, within arm's reach, NOT in the bookcase (also full, of course) are:

* Bible, RSV 2nd CE (from Ignatius)
* Catechism
* Compendium of the Catechism
* Daily Roman Missal
* The Catholic Sourcebook
* Compiliation of the Catechetical Documents
* General Directory of Catechesis
* Chesterton University Student Handbook (and bumper sticker - "Break the Conventions, Obey the Commandments")
* The Faith Explained by Leo Treste
* A zillion random pamphlets and material, mostly from Adoremus, Catholic Answers, and OSV
* Magnificat Rosary Companion
* The Shoemaker's Gospel (a free copy of a new Loyola Press novel I got in the mail today... I only looked at four pages of it, enough to tell that there's a reason they're trying to give it away. STAY AWAY!)
* Archdiocesan Directory
* Pope Benedict holy cards, blessed by him at one of the general audiences last year
* Life with Mother Teresa book
* Print-off of the Harrisburg "Formation in Christian Chastity" program
* Fishers of Men Vocations DVD
* Magnificat Advent Companion
* Print-off of Cardinal Arinze's Address in Paris, on the Liturgy
* Print-off of Bishop Morlino's article on "Mass music" from October 26th
* Random printed articles from the www.catholiceducation.com site
* Book of Prayers in honor of Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati
* Praying in the Presence of Our Lord with St. Thomas Aquinas book

Anybody who knows me and walks in here is going to have a pretty good guess of who "lives" here. Only I would crowd up my workspace like this, with a computer that has the wealth of the Internet only clicks away in front of my nose. But, you have to admit, it's a pretty good assortment to have at hand's reach!

Too bad you can't see the REST of my office!! LOL!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! I read through the list and said to myself: "I wish *I* could have an assortment like that on *my* desk!"
Excuse me while I wander over to my bookshelf and select my clutter.

November 01, 2006 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, that is definitely an impressive desk!

November 03, 2006 6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, M! That is SOOOO funny! I do wish we *could* see the REST of your desk!

November 03, 2006 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fra Angelico's Annunciation