.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Veritatis Splendor

"Keep your eyes fixed upon Jesus, who inspires and perfects our faith" --Hebrews 12:2


Pope Benedict XVI before our Lord

And only where God is seen does life truly begin. Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution.
Each of us is the result of a thought of God.
Each of us is willed,
each of us is loved,
each of us is necessary.
There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him.
~Pope Benedict XVI, Homily April 24th, 2005



Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Slice of Heaven in Central Wisconsin

Merry Christmas everyone!

I dropped off the planet for a time as I traveled home to central WI for Christmas with my family. It was a wonderful time, but one of the highlights of my trip home was actually... not with my family.

I took an opportunity on Tuesday morning to make my own pilgrimage, to a church I'd been meaning to go to for awhile now up in Wausau, WI (about 42 miles from my sister's place), the restored church that is now an oratory in the care of the Institute of Christ the King, Soverign Priest.

The ICK is an order approved by the Holy Father that remains faithful to the Traditional Latin Rite, the "Pian" rite. I do not tend to frequent the indult Traditional community here in the Twin Cities, but I do respect and appreciate the beauty of the Traditional Latin Mass and enjoy the opportunity to assist at that Rite when I can. Here at St. Mary's, the TLM is offered daily, and I had heard about the Oratory off and on ever since it was consecrated by Bishop (now Archbishop) Burke in 2003. The opportunity of both going to a TLM Low Mass (the quietest and most prayerful Mass you can ever find, in my humble opinion) and finally seeing "what they've done with the place", without interfering with spending time with my family, was one I unhesitatingly jumped at - even though it required my getting up at 5:30 in the morning to get there!

Instead of posting all my photos directly to the blog, I'm now using the new Google Photo Web Albums - just click the image below to be taken to my album of shots from this beautiful Bavarian-inspired church!



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures

December 31, 2006 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your home anywhere near Racine? That's where I will be going for my novitiate year with the Augustinians.

Beautiful pictures, the Church looks amazing. I've yet to attend a Latin Mass, but I plan to do so soon...

January 11, 2007 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pictures ! Deo gratias !

January 21, 2007 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fra Angelico's Annunciation