.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Veritatis Splendor

"Keep your eyes fixed upon Jesus, who inspires and perfects our faith" --Hebrews 12:2


Pope Benedict XVI before our Lord

And only where God is seen does life truly begin. Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution.
Each of us is the result of a thought of God.
Each of us is willed,
each of us is loved,
each of us is necessary.
There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him.
~Pope Benedict XVI, Homily April 24th, 2005



Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I'm... back?

Hello world! I have returned - almost. As you may recall, when we last spoke I was about to begin a marathon of activity. Well, I have run the race - and that finish line was beautiful to behold!

It all started with our parish Vacation Bible School back in June. Right after that finished, I took off for Ireland of my dreams; a day after returning from over the ocean I took a group of teens on mission trip to St. Ann's parish on the Turtle Mountain Reservation in Belcourt, ND; after a week of that we drove 9 hours back to St. Paul to join up with the parish group going to the (totally awesome - details next post) Steubenville North II youth conference held this past weekend. By the time Sunday evening rolled around, I was completely beat and feeling miserable. Today I felt lousy enough that I went in to the "Minute Clinic" again - turns out that I not only garnered beautiful memories of my summer adventures, but that I've also been blessed with a bout of pneumonia. Yay.

So, since the doctor ordered me off of work for the rest of the week and on "bed rest, or at least rest near a bed", I just might be able to work on that puzzle of the Cathedral in Orvieto (that I found randomly in a tiny gas station in the middle of nowhere in northern North Dakota - weird) after all. Maybe I can catch up on my blogging too - hey, I can blog while resting on my bed, just following doctor's orders! :)

Oh, and here's my photos from Ireland if you missed them on the other blog:

Ireland

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do you ever take a bad picture?

Great stuff, Mary. Thanks.

But where were you? I saw glimpses of Cork and Dublin and Knock?

Was part of the mountains Kerry and Dingle?

My Mom was Irish and I have been in Kerry.

August 02, 2007 10:21 PM  
Blogger Cathy_of_Alex said...

Welcome back, Mary. Get well soon. I miss your reading at the Cathedral!

August 06, 2007 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fra Angelico's Annunciation