.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Veritatis Splendor

"Keep your eyes fixed upon Jesus, who inspires and perfects our faith" --Hebrews 12:2


Pope Benedict XVI before our Lord

And only where God is seen does life truly begin. Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution.
Each of us is the result of a thought of God.
Each of us is willed,
each of us is loved,
each of us is necessary.
There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him.
~Pope Benedict XVI, Homily April 24th, 2005



Friday, September 14, 2007

Old MacDonald had a... gatto?

So I'm taking an Italian language class this semester. Even though I was in Rome for a year, I'm having to start with the 1001 level course (yes, because I didn't really learn Italian properly over there.) and will need to complete the 1003 level in order to graduate. So... you'll likely be hearing about my Italian adventures for quite some time yet!

I have to say, having a bit of understanding of Italian and now "beginning again" isn't such a bad gig - it's kind of fun actually. I'm "learning" what I already know at the moment and yeah, that is a confidence booster to be at the TOP of my Italian class this time instead of at the bottom!

However, I howled with laughter when listening to this was on my list of online assignments!

Buona sera!

(Betcha you thought I was going to be posting all excited about the motu proprio going into effect. Maybe later - I have a week of online Italian homework to sit through. Hopefully more stimulating than that sound clip!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, la lingua italiana è molto difficile ma bella!
E quando l'avrai imparata, potrai anche consultare i documenti del Vaticano prima degli altri, perchè tutti i documenti vengono pubblicati in Italiano prima che nelle altre lingue.

September 18, 2007 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fra Angelico's Annunciation