.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Veritatis Splendor

"Keep your eyes fixed upon Jesus, who inspires and perfects our faith" --Hebrews 12:2


Pope Benedict XVI before our Lord

And only where God is seen does life truly begin. Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution.
Each of us is the result of a thought of God.
Each of us is willed,
each of us is loved,
each of us is necessary.
There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him.
~Pope Benedict XVI, Homily April 24th, 2005



Friday, December 21, 2007

And Season's Greetings

Just received via e-mail... had to share (slightly edited)!

To My Liberal Friends:
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

To My Conservative Friends:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary
How I wish my liberal family would read your blog.You are so right on and funny!
Kelly from minnetonka

December 21, 2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger John Paul Sonnen said...

Hilarious quote and I love it! Merry Christmas to you, too!

Btw, any news at il Duomo as far as there being an "usus antiquior" there yet?

December 21, 2007 1:23 PM  
Blogger Maria Neva said...

JP - Niente... I never did give Padre the list of signatures, as knowing him, I finally decided that a written request with real signatures would perhaps be worth attempting, anything that smacks of "demand", like an epeition, would not go over well.

Also, since I'm not really much at the Cathedral either anymore, I didn't really pursue the alternative of a real letter/signature survey -- anyone else out there who wants to try, I have 18 people on a list already that you can work off of.

December 21, 2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger Adoro said...

I'm so offended!

That quote did not recognize my individuality as a human being, and my inherent dignity, consistent with not being patronized by some stupid agenda.

Now..that said...faithful Catholic to faithful Catholic....MERRY CHRISTMAS!

:-)

Maybe God will send me a roommate for Christmas so I can pay my bills for the rest of the year and not have to live in a box.

:-)

OK, seriously...I can't get an email through to you. Did you change your email address?

December 22, 2007 11:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mary Christmas, Merry! Did I get that syntax wrong?

I was at il Duomo last night for Midnight Mass. Abp Nienstedt celebrated, as is his custom with his beautiful singing voice, and Father Johnson and the crew of the Cathedral did a beautiful job.

Afterwards I congratulated the Archbishop for his "letter writing style" as evidenced by two recent letters to the Strib.

December 25, 2007 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are SUCH a cunt!

December 30, 2007 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ is born today. But if He isn't born in my heart what difference does it make.
Meister Eichart

December 31, 2007 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fra Angelico's Annunciation