.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Veritatis Splendor

"Keep your eyes fixed upon Jesus, who inspires and perfects our faith" --Hebrews 12:2


Pope Benedict XVI before our Lord

And only where God is seen does life truly begin. Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution.
Each of us is the result of a thought of God.
Each of us is willed,
each of us is loved,
each of us is necessary.
There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him.
~Pope Benedict XVI, Homily April 24th, 2005



Friday, March 28, 2008

Opening the Guitar Case

Make your own clipart like this @ www.TXT2PIC.com


As most of you know, I have discerned a call with the Benedictines of Mary and hope to enter the convent on June 11th of this year. (My full story is here)

Day in and day out, in parishes and homes across the world we pray for vocations to the priesthood and religious life. Many of us do so without ever imagining that we ourselves might be part of God's answer to that prayer, or that our children might be. Well, speaking as one of those answers, to hear the call and accept it eagerly is one of the most marvelous things that can happen in one's life! I strain forward towards that day when I can join my monastic family at the foot of the Cross, and though in many ways it is fast approaching, can an engaged person ever say that their wedding day is not coming quickly enough?

Unlike an engaged couple, however, I and others seeking our vocation in the cloister have a major difference in our preparations - what to do about our educational debt load. Engaged couples worry about money, certainly, but they are not prevented from their marriage due to outstanding debt. Aspiring Sisters like myself, on the other hand, are.

I am now working with the Laboure Society with the goal of clearing my educational loans. To plan and run the usual means of fundraising is difficult for me, as I am working full time at a parish plus taking 10 credits of university language courses in order to be able to graduate before entering. June 11 is fast approaching however, and so I am making this online plea to YOU.

I am not worried - I trust in God's Providence and in the Holy Spirit that if this is His will, all will be well. However, as Catholics we also realize that our cooperation is essential - we must each say yes to God and our actions towards one another matter, we make a difference by God's grace in others' lives. Hence, while I have constant trust, I am also not going to leave any rocks unturned! :)

Please, if you have prayed for vocations with an open heart and have not yet contributed financially to assist someone's vocation directly (or even if you have!), consider making a (tax-deductible!) contribution that will assist me in offsetting my loans through the Laboure Society. If you choose to give, please tag your donation to the Laboure Society with the memo "VS blog 2/8".

Thank you!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

i will pray for your vocation! how wonderful that you want to be a nun!

April 08, 2008 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fra Angelico's Annunciation