.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Veritatis Splendor

"Keep your eyes fixed upon Jesus, who inspires and perfects our faith" --Hebrews 12:2


Pope Benedict XVI before our Lord

And only where God is seen does life truly begin. Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution.
Each of us is the result of a thought of God.
Each of us is willed,
each of us is loved,
each of us is necessary.
There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him.
~Pope Benedict XVI, Homily April 24th, 2005



Wednesday, May 23, 2007

So what's the new Thing?

The last couple of days I've been seeing a few other Catholic blogs getting excited about this LibraryThing. I decided to click over and try it out... three hours later, and I've got 50+ of my random "at hand" books cataloged and I'm getting real tired of punching in ISBN numbers. Nevertheless, I'm HOOKED. This resource is great, particularly for us bookworms who can never remember what books we actually own when we get to Loome's Bookstore (you can access your library from your mobile phone's web service - ain't technology great?)

There is a catch - you can catalog the first 200 books free, then you have to pay ($10/year or $25/lifetime membership). I'm only part way through my books but I'm already hooked... I'm guessing my checkbook's going to come out for this one!

Attention Catholic bloggers - I have created a new group on LibraryThing for us, so we can keep tabs on what's in our libraries. If you want to play, just join the "St. Blog's Parish Community" group.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Thanks for this post and for creating the St. Blog's Parish Group. I just joined it.

May 24, 2007 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fra Angelico's Annunciation