.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Veritatis Splendor

"Keep your eyes fixed upon Jesus, who inspires and perfects our faith" --Hebrews 12:2


Pope Benedict XVI before our Lord

And only where God is seen does life truly begin. Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution.
Each of us is the result of a thought of God.
Each of us is willed,
each of us is loved,
each of us is necessary.
There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him.
~Pope Benedict XVI, Homily April 24th, 2005



Thursday, March 06, 2008

(Not quite) Leaving the world behind

Welcome to any new readers from today's Catholic Spirit archdiocesan newspaper!

Please click here to see my previous post about my decision to enter the Benedictines of Mary!

My blog has been fairly quiet lately, as I prepare to enter the convent, however many people have wondered, "just how do you prepare to be a nun anyway?"

Thus, I am planning on posting a bit more frequently now about these preparations. Please check back again and do let me know if you have any particular prayer intentions for me and the community to pray for.

Dio ti benedica!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found your blog via 'Spirit Daily' which provided the link to the original article...

Veritatis Splendor was added immediately to my 'Favourites' so I'll be able to return and peruse at my leisure.

I'm 'thinking about' thinking about a vocation...I've not made any commitments or vows of any kind, nor entered any kind of official discernment period, but I remain open to the possibility.

Just wanted to stop by and say, "You go, girl!" and that you're in my prayers.

Peace,
KS

March 08, 2008 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Fra Angelico's Annunciation